Key Points – Taking care of yourself
- Supporting a bereaved pupil can be emotionally draining.
- Be aware that your personal circumstances may impact your ability to support a bereaved pupil.
- Look after yourself and colleagues by talking and sharing feelings and experiences.
- Locate organisations who will provide support to a family, pupil or member of staff.
- Remember to take time for yourself; do something you enjoy, have a treat, do some exercise.
Time to reflect – Taking care of yourself
At this point in time, how vulnerable are you feeling? What factors might have an impact?
- How would you know when to ask for support?
- Who would you go to for support?
- What would you say to a colleague if you were concerned for their wellbeing?